Shark is a well-known brand when it comes to home appliances. The company manufactures a wide range of products, from coffee makers to robot vacuums. Shark’s robot vacuums are some of the best on the market, but they’re not perfect. One common error that these vacuum cleaners experience is error 26.
Error 26 is a firmware error that can be caused by some things, from power issues to communication errors. Luckily, there are a few simple steps you can take to fix this error. In this article, we’ll walk you through everything you need to know about Shark robot vacuum Error 26, including what causes it and how to fix it.
What Does It Mean?
Error 26 is a firmware error that occurs when the robot vacuum is unable to communicate with its touchscreen display. The thing to keep in mind is that this error is not always indicative of a serious problem. In most cases, it can be fixed with a few simple troubleshooting steps.
What Causes Shark Robot Vacuum Error 26?
There are a few different things that can cause Error 26 on your Shark robot vacuum. Here are some of the most common causes:
- A power issue: This is the most common cause of Error 26. If your vacuum is not getting enough power, it will display this error.
- A communication error: This can be caused by some things, including a bad connection between the vacuum and its base, or a problem with the Wi-Fi connection.
- A software issue: In rare cases, this error can be caused by a problem with the vacuum’s software.
How to Fix Shark Robot Vacuum Error 26?
If you’re experiencing Error 26, there are a few steps you can take to try to fix it. These include:
- Checking the power source: The first thing you should do is make sure that the vacuum is properly connected to its power source. If it’s not, connect it and then try again.
- Restarting the vacuum: If the vacuum is properly connected to its power source, try restarting it. To do this, press and hold the power button for 5 seconds.
- Checking for blockages: There might be something blocking the vacuum’s brushes or wheels. To check for this, remove the bottom plate of the vacuum and look for any obstructions.
- Clearing the error code: If you’re still seeing Error 26, you can try clearing the error code by pressing and holding the power button for 20 seconds.
Thank you for reading! We hope this article helped understand what Shark robot vacuum error 26 means and how to fix it. However, if the problem persists, then you may need to contact Shark customer support for further assistance. For more details, kindly visit our Homepage.
Phyllis specializes in home and outdoor gear, including coffee machines, drones, and vacuums. She began writing professionally many years ago, starting out at the legendary Time Out magazine, the original, London publishing edition on a typewriter!